Friday, September 12, 2008

Who Am I ? (part1)

That was the question Jackie Chan kept asking himself in a movie. But this ain't any movie. It is life and we all ask this question to ourselves at least once.

I ask this question quite often. It has kept my thought process occupied since I had stepped out of my hometown in 2005. I left my home for graduation under a brand name.

I had always been able to make friends in my primary as well as secondary education. Now I needed to figure how to do that on a higher level.

Yeah, FIGURE OUT, because whomever I met made me always feel that WHO AM I TO DESERVE THIS PLACE!! I was searching for 'humansakes'. But at this moment I can say I found few to match but that exploration had costed me a lot.

In my first semester, where you hope to find people whom u r going to live ur next 3 years with, I was rusticated from my first friends group.
Reason: I backbited
Comment: If I was looking for good friends I was at wrong place.
And all this happened immediately after I was released from hospital.

I was highly depressed which was bound to have an adverse effect on my already ruined studies. As a result, I screwed up my tests and became a 5 pointer.

Now I knew I ruined my one semester and since I had no motivation on-campus to have the urge to soar heights I 'took lite'

Well I made aquaintances with new people as it becomes haunting to live in solitude.

The summer holidays were horrible with continuous scolding from my parents for such an extra-excellent performance of first year. I was put to study. I tried, tried, kept on trying.

The 3rd semester started and a new batch entered the campus. My cousin also made it through and came to follow my legacy of being a mechanical engineer :D

He is a true picture of strict control on circumstances; who hardly cares about the world but does consider about those whom he cares about. His words of wisdom made one feel self-sufficient, independent.

As the sem past by and first tests got over, I was amazed to see my performance in 2 subjects. I was motivated to score nothing but an A in both. The motivations were:
1. A look on teacher's face which meant- from where in the hell did this guy pop up !! Never saw him in class !!
2. An expectation-smile on another's face.

But this was it, the two subjects, not related to my discipline and I felt I could be good at cracking them.

The sem ended with A's in them and an expectation from one person who was my friend due to her perception of me being a 9 pointer (I later came to know about that).

I was broken the immediate semester when she got committed to a common friend. But thats how the crushes end :D

So, I again 'took lite'. You see how flexible I am.

Ohhh !! How can I forget !!!!!!!

My life in this sem was a lot better than 2 A's and a crush.
Credits to a friend, Vivek , who gave me a chance to kick start a club with him, The English Press Club.

Objective: To bring out monthly nesletters to make on-campus students aware of the inside picture and also help them to recall whatever they saw.

It was started towards the end of 3rd sem. When we started we were 4 people.

When we proceeded in next semester we expanded our team to 15 effective people.

In this semester, the fourth, I was occupied with the aftereffects of 'the expectation' and the club.

About the club, at first we were criticised for not working with an 'already existing team' (which died after their first issue). Later people appreciated our work and GOD we were a hit !!

I will not say that I found excuses not to study but what I scored at were those I was interested or had self-motivation.

I had never been technical guy but this semester, again credit to two friends, who invited me to participate in few on-the-spot events. I also earned a certificate. yeppeee !!

Till now, I earned trusts of quite a lot of people on campus. I was never told that I backbited. These people agreed to be a part of my life in different ways, no one more important that the other.

I am sorry friends, I cannot name you all here and even naming a few will be biasing but I need not tell you. You already know :)

These people carried me in my next year ahead, 3rd year. Their trusts in me gave a support to rise. They made me realise 'WHO AM I' really and what can I achieve. It was their efforts that made me realise of my true worth.

They say, one's strength is one's weakness.

I say, if your strength is your friends, you do not have a weakness.

1 comment:

Tanaya said...

very similar to my story!