Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dreams: Fold-Unfold !!

What do dreams mean?
Do dreams reflect our relationship with life?
Do dreams tell us what are we supposed to do next?
Do the dreams sketch on canvus the possible outcomes of our particular action?

I see dreams. In my dreams I see myself restless; running, climbing, falling, fighting etc.

Long back, I had read that 'Scorpions' are meant to fight all their lives. But fighting is in everyone's fate. Even a new born child fights with its inability to communicate as adults do. It cries, throws his hands and legs here and there in order to communicate what it wants or how it feels. Sometimes we, adults, are also left with no option but to retaliate physically.

So I cannot relate my restlessness of dreams to my war in life or my zodiac sign. Then what do I relate it with ?

Once I had a dream in which I found a solution to a mathematics problem which I was not able to solve before. So do dreams provide solution to your problems ?
A scientist would answer that as a no suggesting the problem was left in my subconscious due to which some part of my brain was busy solving it and when it had the solution it sketched it out on my canvus of dreams.

Then what is a dream !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel a dream is just a reminder, like the one you keep in your mobile, about things you think to do but forget in daily 'karma' !!

Dreams keep reminding us of the plans we want to execute because they make us happy.

They keep refering to our old plans and rearranging the sequence of activities or even modify them sometimes to correlate with our present circumstances so that we are able to do what we want if we wish to.

They present a reason to keep pursuing what we want. They are a motivational force for us.

They are a true friend.

But here is the catch. You cannot enjoy its company until you give it your perseverance.

And even if you decide not to follow what you see just because its something imaginary, dreams come over and over again.

The only difference will be, now they will be haunting you in place of when they were motivating you.

So what is better: Accompany your dreams or Let it be the way it is??

"I dream !! You dream !! We all dream of icecream !!...until..."

6 comments:

wolverine said...

well nice article on dreams....kahana se maara?? :P....neways what u hav said is true......and i hav only 1 thing to say.... A man has to wake up to make his dreams come true....so keep dreaming..bt do wake up in time to make them true

MEET said...

yoyoyo mote!!! ultimate article tu yaar koi paper join kar le achhe article likhne laga hai!! By the way what about people like me who are busy in day dreaming :D who sleep to get some good dreams about someone :D. Ok now jokes apart seriously I liked what you said and i totally agree what wolvarine has commented and i would like to add something to it and that something is stop studying while dreaming and sleeping dream something good yaar some parties some b'day celebration, about the gal u love ;) etc etc. About your carrier, you don't have to dream u have to plan it and call it as your dream and try to succeed it! I think enough of my fundas :)

Unknown said...

Well, i agreed. I don't know the name of scientist who invented benzene structure, but it was his dream in which he saw snakes lying in hexagonal form and thus got an idea of making benzene a hexagonal structure...
so well dream is something that lies in our subconciuos mind, that is NOT a remainder, but am impulse which motivates us or force us to do somthing prob which was undone by us... (As ur maths prob)
sometime we do visualize few things which are hypothetical, in our dream, dows that mean they are reminding something us??
If that happens, then everyone who dream something unusual would become inventor.

(most imp) :D
For dream u need sleep so go and sleep u nocturnal :D

KiSSofliF3 said...

...until u ask gakkhar to get u an icecream :D jokes apart, I feel dreams show what the brain wants u to see, without ur control over them.. I dunno if it's u who controls the brain or vice versa.. or maybe, u are the same as the brain... man this is so confusing... watever, i never take dreams earnestly... Just let this theatre named 'dream' show u a new movie/ play every time u sleep... and movies are not to be pondered over, not by me for sure :D keep writing!!!

Tanaya said...

"And even if you decide not to follow what you see just because its something imaginary, dreams come over and over again.

The only difference will be, now they will be haunting you in place of when they were motivating you."

very true... have experienced this wid some of my dreams...
nice post again :)
p.s. Sigmund Freud ki "interpretation of dreams" se inspiration li kya?

L!kh!t said...

no tanaya,
havent read a book on dreams interpretation till now...
things just popped up in mind... :)