Monday, November 17, 2008

The Day

The morning began at 6:30 a.m. After morning ablutions I left for the center. It seemed a fine morning. It was different: the cool breeze, the timely luck factor in getting the bus to the destination, the sun hasn't rose yet, sky looked snowy. The travel was comfortable, except the bumpy jumps in the bus. I was not nervous, nor was I worried. For, the occasion had quite become a practice of every sunday, thanks to the coaching center's schedule.

So I reached the center and there were two noticeable things: a barricade at the entrance to avoid rush and a huge gate bearing the center's name on it. The buildings seemed to be arranged in an array, simple yet impressive. As I moved to my venue, I saw many faces: cute and nervous, confident, confused. But I did not know how my face looked like !! Perhaps, someone must have noticed.

I stood outside the entrance to the test venue. I looked around in an attempt to spot familiar faces but in vain. Most of them came with their parents or guardians; I felt lonely, though I was wearing a sweater but a cold breeze ran through me which shivered me. I made some calls, to my math faculty, my cousin. It really helped to have some familiar voice ringing in the ears.

Soon the gates were open, and we were let in. It was easy to spot the room. I occupied the location specified for me. You know, this is the time when you actually experience the taste of reservation, if you know what I mean.

Soon a voice was heard over speakers- The security guards must close the entrance to the building and shall allow no one henceforth. It was 10:00 a.m. Time flies by. Soon, he started blabbering various instructions. Though, I had them printed infront of me yet the old guy preferred reading them aloud; oh he was'nt reading them aloud, he was just reading them in front of a microphone.

It was 10:30 and we were now free to do whatever we can with the test paper in the next 2 hours and half, yet we had instructions to take special care of the answer sheet.

As I opened the question paper, I was expecting a total blackout but, to my surprise, I was wide awake in my mind. I was not nervous, nothing striked me like lightening. This thing, ofcourse, striked me. May be it was the effect of the sunday routine of mocks.

Well we all know for ourselves what happened to us in those 2 hours and half. Many of us scored, performed to someone's expectations and many of us just did what we could. There is nothing to repent about because we all did what we were supposed to do. Still, no doubt, I could have done better.

But let us keep those feelings aside for the moment and go in retrospection to see how did the day start. I told u how did mine start and as the day went by I realised that it was not the D-day for me !! My case is yet to be judged.

By the way, how did yours go, buddy ?

2 comments:

Tanaya said...

it was forgetable :|
btw, cat is a two and a half hour test, not 1 hour and a half :P

L!kh!t said...

:P
maine to 2 hrs and half hi likha hai !!
:D