Saturday, February 12, 2011

Friendship is !Contract

Yesterday only I was discussing with one of my friends that it has been long since I got a good topic to blog. Looks like fate was with me that today I have a wonderful topic to blog.

It starts with a quote - I want to end this friendship because I do not have fun while with you - from a very intelligent friend of mine. Sorry, past friend.

This statement has redefined the friendship. Indeed, it changes the old age saying - A friend in need is a friend indeed - to the following - A friend in need is the only friend !!

It has defined friendship as a contract. A contract which follows following guidelines -
  • One must BE funny and entertaining.
  • One must NEVER share problems.
  • One must NEVER have any problems with the person upfront.
  • One must talk softly.
  • One must never be truthful to the other.
    and so on and on.
You know what I think about this - BULLSHIT !!

Friendship is not a contract that you can terminate as soon as one of the conditions is violated. It is about adjustment, acceptance, denial, discussion, love, fights, care and what not. It is about mutual understanding and trust. It is above all humans individualism. It is the second best relationship in the world.

1 comment:

Tejas Chafekar said...

srsly? can there be a person on earth who can think like this? its insane!